Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Suzanne's Oat Pancake Recipe & Exercise


Exercise:  I am a treadmill person.  I try and walk at least 10 minutes or more once or twice a day.
Some days I just walk - set a speed and walk as long as I can.  Most of the time tho I vary my speed - walking so long at one speed and then every 30 seconds going up .2 of a mile per hour until I reach a speed that taxes me and then I will walk a minute or two at that speed and then start backing down walking at each spead decrease for minute or two and then just cooling down at  a slow walking speed.
Hope this makes sense.

Recipe:
Oat Pancakes ( I have made these for years - kids and grands favorites)

1 cup of oats (I have used quick and regular)
1 cup whole spelt flour
2 tblesp. of sugar (I now use turbinado sugar)
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
2 eggs slightly beaten
1 - 1 1/2 cups of almond milk (depending on how thick I want the pancakes)
1/4 cup of olive oil
1 tsp. lemon juice

Combine oats, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a mixing bowl.
Make a well in the center.
Combine egg, milk, oil and lemon juice.  Pour into well and stir just until moistened.
Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a lightly greased hot griddle: turn when bubbles form on top of pancakes.
Cook until second side is golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment