Monday, March 25, 2013

Erica's Kettle Bell Workout

My favorite workout is weight lifting. I try to lift quickly enough and move from set to set fast enough to keep my heart rate up, doubling my lifting with cardio. This is my go-to full body workout with a kettle bell. 

I usually do each exercise 12 - 15 reps 
* Kettle bell swing with a squat
* Airplane {single leg deadlift with the other arm out to the side, raising same leg to the back)
* Alternate legs, repeat Airplane
* Bicep curl
* Suitcase lunge {lunge position, holding kettle bell on the same side as foot that's in front, hanging down like a suitcase}
* Around the world {hold Kettle bell upside down and circle it around your head, rotating the Kettle bell around your head. Be careful not to thwack yourself}
*Figure 8 {squat while swinging the kettle bell around one leg, then through your legs and around the opposite leg, like a figure 8}

Repeat 2 -3 more times.

No comments:

Post a Comment