Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Jenn's Exercise Routine & Kale Chips

Exercise is one of my least favorite things because I don't like getting sweaty or being sore. I found a DVD, exhale: core fusion, that mixes many elements such as yoga, Pilates, and dance stretches. The segments are 20 minutes long and I've seen a big difference in my flexibility and strength. Plus, I don't get too sore or sweaty so it's a win-win for me.



My kids love kale chips and we can go kale almost year around here so we have this snack a lot.  Watch them cooking though because they really do turn bitter-tasting when they turn brown.
Baked Kale Chips
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon granulated garlic 

3 large handfuls lacinato kale, torn into shreds
1 to 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
Preparing to bake. Preheat the oven to 350°. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Combine the salt, and garlic in a small bowl.
Oiling the kale. Put the kale leaves in a large bowl. Drizzle over 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Massage the oil into the leaves. You might need more. You might have larger hands than I do. Use your judgment.
Bake the chips. Arrange the kale chips onto the sheet try and slide it into the oven. Bake until the leaves are crisp to the touch but still a dark green. (When they turn brown, they turn bitter.) Check at the 12-minute mark, to be sure.
Remove them from the oven. Sprinkle with salt.
Let them cool a bit. Eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment