Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Kristen's Tacos & Workout


Recipe:
Chicken and black bean tacos
2-3 chicken breasts (frozen is fine)
1 can black beans
1 can corn (omit if you'd like)
1 tbs. minced onion
1 cup salsa
1/2 cup water or chicken broth
Taco seasoning (I make my own to avoid the preservatives, google it, it's super easy)
Cook it in the crockpot for 6-8 hours on low.  Shred the chicken and return to crock.  
Can used for salads quesadillas or tacos.  
Great ww home made tortilla recipe at 100 days of real food blog.  I use less oil and more water it works great!

Workout
I have lost the most weight when I lifted weights.  I don't go to a gym so instead I purchased 5 10 and 12 lb weights.  I do reps of 15 for biceps triceps chest and shoulders.  I work them two different ways each time so each muscle group is getting 3 sets twice (does that make sense).  Then I finish with 20 minutes of Pilates to do abs and flexibility.  (Not super high intensity but I feel tighter!). The whole workout takes 45 minutes.

I try and do this twice a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment