Monday, July 2, 2012

Diane's Mango Quinoa Salad


Here’s my healthy recipe my family loves.

Mango Quinoa Salad

2 cups cooked quinoa at room temperature, or chilled. ( can be cooked in chicken or vegetable broth for more flavor.)
1-14oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 medium mango, peeled and diced
1 red pepper, diced
6 green onions, thinly sliced
1 handful chopped cilantro (about ½ cup)
4 Tab. Red wine vinegar
3 Tab. Extra virgin olive oil
1-2 Tab. Fresh lime juice
Kosher salt
Freshly cracked pepper

Place cooked quinoa in a large bowl. Add mango, red pepper, green onion, black beans, and cilantro. In a small bowl combine vinegar, olive oil, and lime juice. Whisk until smooth and pour on top of salad. Toss to  combine and add salt and pepper to taste. Chill for at least one hour before serving.

This salad is very tasty and healthy.
Enjoy!!!

2 comments:

  1. I made this yesterday and quite enjoyed it. Sadly, my kids and husband were not fans!! hahaha...I'll work on them :) I followed the recipe exactly but the next time I make it, I think I will add more mango (just cause I LOVE it and would enjoy having more in there) Thanks for the yummy recipe Diane!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morgan and I made this for dinner as well. I think next time I will use avocado instead of mango and will leave off the dressing.

    ReplyDelete