Monday, July 2, 2012

Cassie's Tropical Stir-Fry


Tropical Stir-Fry

-2 boneless/skinless chicken breasts ( chopped into cubes )
-3 cups broccoli florets- chopped
-2 medium carrots- thinly sliced
-2 stalks of celery-chopped
-1/4th of a fresh pineapple-chopped
-2T coconut oil
-4T Lite Soy Sauce
- hot brown rice

Chop up the chicken and let it marinate in the soy sauce while you chop up the veggies.

In a large skillet, stir fry the veggies in 1T of coconut oil.
After 2-3 minutes, add the pineapple.
Cook them until desired doneness- usually 4-10minutes.

Place veggies/fruit in a bowl & cover.

In the same skillet add remaining oil, cook your chicken until no longer pink.

Add veggies/fruit back to the skillet and cook for another 5 minutes.

Serve over brown rice.


** there are obviously so many veggies that you can add. 
Anything you have on hand, other ideas:
frozen peas, pea pods, bean sprouts, water chestnuts**

2 comments:

  1. I made this last night for my family and my In-Laws that are in town from California. Everyone loved it and some even went back for 2nds!! I followed the directions exactly but added a little low sodium teriyaki sauce to mine to add a little more flavor. I also used water chestnuts and served it over brown rice. Yummy stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i made this tonight for my family and i loved it! usually my husband is in charge of the stir frys at our house so it was nice to make a yummy one all on my own :)

    ReplyDelete