Sunday, July 1, 2012

Andrea's Healthy Stroganoff


My favorite recipe right now is healthy stroganoff. 
I take 1 large pkg mushrooms(cosco size or 1 to 1 1/2 store size) and chop them up and put them in a skillet with 1 to 2 T olive oil.
Don't salt at this point because it will take the mushrooms longer to cook down. When they are browned I put them in a bowl and set aside. 
In the same skillet I put 1 lb to 1 1/2 lb ground turkey (you can use ground beef or chicken if you want) and 1 med onion, chopped fine, and brown. Then when the meat and onions are cooked I add back in the mushrooms and then salt and pepper to taste. Then add 16 to 24 oz PLAIN Greek yogurt. I also add about 1/4 to 1/3 cup sour cream to help with the taste a little (but my kids and hubby didn't know that I had replaced their sour cream with something healthy). Thin down as need with milk (I use skim).  Then mix in your favorite whole grain or wheat pasta that you have cooked.  Serve and enjoy. (Winco dose sell a whole wheat egg noodle in their bulk section).
This feeds my family of five with leftovers for lunch the next day. Hope you enjoy this!

No comments:

Post a Comment