Tuesday, October 9, 2012

New Teams, Sick Days and Week 2 Calendar Tasks

A few items of business . . .

1. New Teams
We had one gal drop out due to back problems {steroid shots & muscle loss make exercising tricky}, which takes us down to 8 contestants. As nobody replied to my email to complain about switching to teams of 2... we're switching to teams of 2! The teams are listed below and have been randomly drawn. 

Team 1: Erin & Denise
Team 2: Jenn & Leslie
Team 3: Anne & Andrea
Team 4: Erica & Emily

Give yourself the 5 points for the team name calendar task. Get with your new teammate and get me a name ASAP. 

2. Sick Days
I've been hesitant to make an allowance for sick days, as everyone has varying degrees of "sickness". A few rounds back, I caught a nasty head cold that was tricky to work around, but I plugged along. Last round I had some questions about sick days, but still wasn't sure what to do. I hate to change rules after the games begun, but... After seeing my doctor today, and learning that the nasty stomach bug I caught on Saturday can last 7-10 days {and I'm only on day 3}, I'm going to do it. Just in case any of the rest of you acquire this nastiness that's seriously making the rounds, here's the deal: Do your best. For the record; I got in my 60 ounces of water & 10 healthy foods prior to them rapidly exiting my body. With no negative food points. And I had over 3/4ths of my exercise points before this hobbled me. As I climbed in the car this evening to head to the gym {throbbing, excruciating headache, body aches and all} and started dry-heaving {I know, TMI}, I thought - I can do this. But halfway there I realized this was ridiculous and headed home. I fully intend to get all of my points this week; this isn't an excuse to slack. But if you do get a stomach flu, just let me know. As long as you've done your best, that's great. No need to drag out the anguish.

3. Week 2 Calendar Tasks
Have a Free Dessert
Get 8 consecutive hours of sleep/rest
Spend some quality time with a child
Email the group a healthy holiday recipe
Do a good deed for a non-family member
Write/tell somebody 3 things you admire about them
Work on another item from you Holiday List


Any questions, please call, text or email me. Remember to get me your point totals by 2 p.m. tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment