Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Denise's Recipe - Quinoa Salad


I make a variation of this salad, but don't use a recipe, so I'm sending this because it is close to what I do.
 
 
I don't love using a ton of ingredients, so mine is really quite simple. I cook the quinoa like rice, just using water (bullion would give it more flavor though), let it cool, add simple balsamic vinaigrette dressing (I submitted recipe to Erica a few rounds ago, so it's on the blog), fresh lemon juice, salt, pepper and whatever other ingredients I have, but I always include chopped tomatoes and a leafy green (baby kale, kale, spinach, etc) julienne sliced. The red and green together are quite festive. I have had it with pieces of bacon too, which is yum of course. Also delish with artichoke hearts. Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment