Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Linda's Slow Cooker Marinara Chicken & Vegetables


Hello Ladies,

   Here is my recipe (found it on Pinterest!) and I have to admit that I have not made it yet, but plan on making it Tuesday so I don't have to cook dinner after I get home from my first day on my new job!  Yea I got a job!!  Plus since I am new to Fun and Fit in Five I don't have to many healthy recipes that I have tried. 

Slow Cooker Marinara Chicken and Vegetables

2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
4 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
4 tomatoes chopped, or one 14.5 ounce can low-sodium tomatoes, drained
4 medium ribs celery, diced (1 cup)
2 small zucchini, diced (2 cups)
1 bell pepper, cored, seeded, and diced
one 18-ounce jar low-sodium marinara sauce
1 tsp. dried basil
1 tsp. dried thyme

Place the chicken in the slow cooker; add the garlic, tomatoes, celery, zucchini, and pepper.
Pour the marinara sauce over all, and sprinkle the basil and thyme on top.
Cook on low for 6-7 hours.  Before serving, shred the chicken with a fork.

Serve with a side salad or over whole wheat pasta or brown rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment