Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Aanika's Chicken Sesame Pasta Salad


I asked my husband to share some of his secret marinades because we love to grill during the summer and he is the master of marinades and grilling but he says his recipes are "not for ladies" whatever that means. So I will have to just give you one of my favorite "Salads as a meal" recipes because I like lighter meals when it is hot. I substitute more spinach for the pasta though and I add more vegetables. This makes a lot so either share it or plan to eat it every day for a few :)
 
Chicken Sesame Pasta Salad
 
2-3 Chicken breasts- marinated in lemon juice and lemon pepper and grilled until done, then sliced on a diagonal making strips.
 
1 12 ounce pkg. wide egg noodles-cooked
1 bunch green onions-sliced
1 red pepper- chopped small
1 green pepper-chopped small
1 yellow pepper-chopped small
1/2 cup diced almonds
1 bag baby spinach-broken into bite size pieces
 
Dressing:
1/4 cup sesame seeds
1/3 cup red wine vinegar
1/2 cup canola oil
1/4 tsp. each salt and pepper
1 tsp. parsley
1/3 cup soy sauce
3 Tbs. sugar
 
Mix dressing well in blender.(I add the sesame seeds after it is blended) mix all ingredients except the spinach and almonds, pour dressing over this, mix together and chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes. Add spinach and almonds just before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment