Saturday, November 10, 2012

Jen's Healthy Peanut Butter Cups


This recipe is SUPER yummy!  Sometimes I need something sweet, but I don't want to take a 2 point loss OR use my free meal, so I will resort to one of these.  They are completely letgit on this challenge but they are NOT LOW FAT! They are however full of great things.

"Healthy" Peanut Butter Cups

Nut Mixture

1/4 C Organic Peanut Butter
1/2 C Almond Butter (Make your own by putting almonds in a food processor)
1 tsp Vanilla
1/4 C Coconut Oil
1/3 C Chopped nuts

In a food processor, combine all ingredients until well blended.  Pour or drop (my consistency is always different) into muffin tins.  (This makes about 12-18 large ones, depending on how thick you make the.  I like them thinner because they are VERY rich)  If they are thick, flatten them down.  Place the muffin tins in the freezer.


Chocolate Topping (This makes too much topping I think.  I just kind of combine the ingredients to make a smaller amount)

3/4 C Cocoa Powder
1/4 C Honey
1 C Coconut Oil
1 Tbsp Vanilla Extract

Combine in a bowl and place bowl into another bowl of VERY HOT water.  Mix briskly with a wire whisk.  ell.  Pour over the peanut butter mixture in the tins.  Return to the freezer and freeze for 30+ minutes.  Remove from muffin tins and place in a ziplock bag.  

These MUST be stored in the freezer.  You eat them frozen.  They are delicious, but the chocolate topping is SO rich.  You really might like to cut down the recipe and just do a very thin layer.  

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment