Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Cassie's Pumpkin Muffins

Pumpkin Muffins


*2 /1/2 cup oats (old fashioned kind, not quick cooking)

*3/4c plain low fat greek yogurt- or all natural yogurt ( I used vanilla and it tasted fine)

*2 eggs

*3/4 cup organic sugar or 2 tbs stevia sweetener

*1 1/2 tsp baking powder

*1/2 tsp baking soda

* 1 tsp cinnamon

*  1 1/2 c pumpkin puree 

* I added a little bit of chopped natural dark chocolate


1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray tin with non-stick cooking spray or line 12 muffin tins with silicone or foil liners, (the muffins will stick to paper liners).
2. Place all of the ingredients, in a blender or food processor, and blend until oats are smooth. *Important: put eggs and pumpkin in the blender first*
3. Divide batter and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.

Yield: 24 mini muffins or 12 normal sized muffins


3 comments:

  1. I was excited to see this recipe because I make this exact recipe, but with bananas instead of pumpkin. I had never thought to try a different fruit/veggie instead of the bananas. the pumpkin was great and I can't wait to try apples, pears or cranberries. the options are endless!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made these tonight and they were so yummy! My kids couldn't stop eating them either which I consider a major bonus! Thanks for the great recipe Cassie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Made these tonight. My blender is crappy, so I had to add a little extra milk to get it to blend. Then I poked a few small chocolate pieces in each muffin. I loved them and 3 of my 4 kids did too. But be sure to take them out of the muffin tin quickly, or they start to sweat. YUMM!

    ReplyDelete