Sunday, December 2, 2012

HHR3

 Round 2 ends this week, and HHR3 will begin a week from Wednesday, December 12th. It will run 30 days, ending on Friday January 11th.

Several of you have joined me for round after round. Others have recently started participating and others join us as able. Thank you! Having your support keeps me motivated and I really appreciate that. That said, somedays I grow weary of tracking points, reviewing my mental checklist and staying up late to make sure I've accomplished everything. And sometimes I just want to eat a treat. Sigh. Adding in the craziness of Christmas makes it even more tempting to "fall off the health wagon" so to speak. But I know that I lack the self control if I'm not tracking points, so I'm going to plug along. And I'm hoping many of you will join us in an effort to make better choices and stay a bit healthier this Christmas season. I know it's a crazy time of year. I know there's lots of yummy treats to tempt us. I know it's a challenge to stick with this. I wasn't going to change things, cause I feel like this program is finally fine-tuned. But, it is Christmas time after all. So here are the revisions for Healthy Holidays Round 3...

* Exercise points will be reduced to 150 points per week, with each minute equaling 1 minute. The last week (with 9 days) will have a total of 180 points possible.
* Scripture points will be reduced to a flat amount of 10 minutes per day = to 15 points
* Calendar Tasks: I'll post all the collected ideas for calendar tasks and you can pick your own. We'll reduce the number of tasks to 4 per week, and I'll still email/post 1 or 2 per week {such as: pick a team name, get me your $20, etc.}. This will make it easier on you and me. :) If you have any suggestions, please send them to me and I'll include them. 
* FREE Days: Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Years Eve & New Years Day will all be FREE days. You still get your floater FREE day.
* FREE Meals: 5 Free meals to be used at your discretion during the 30 days
* FREE Foods/Tastes: With all the yummy neighbor treats, parties and more to tempt us, everyone can also have 3 free foods per week! You can use them or not - you're choice. But if that neighbor treat looks sooo yummy - have some! Hopefully knowing you can taste some will let you eat it in moderation, as opposed to going crazy... Not that I would know anything about that. ahem. Or eating neighbor treats for breakfast. Anyways...
* Pounds Lost: I'm thinking of switching it up a little for this. I haven't decided for sure, but here are the 2 options I'm considering... 
1) Something along the lines of - Record your weight on day 1. Track your weight for the duration of the 30 days, and if you don't gain any weight, then you'll get your money back! This option would be more of a maintenance round, the goal would be to weigh the same or less, and if you achieve this, you'll get your $20 back! 
2) Or, we could do - Record your weight on day 1 & set a weight-related goal (lose 2 pounds, weigh the same or less on January 11th, etc.) Email me and your teammate your goal. On January 11th, let us know how you did. Those who reach their goal will get 25 or 50 bonus points (feedback would be appreciated on the point amount). There will be no points awarded for pounds lost; just personal satisfaction. Those within 15 points of the total amount of points will get their money back. Remainder of the money will be awarded as usual. 

If you're interested in joining us for HHR3, please email me your input & any calendar tasks or suggestions you may have. You have a few days to let me know if your interested; I just need to know by next Tuesday who's in. Thanks! 


No comments:

Post a Comment